“Doctor, I’m 14 and when I’m sad or angry, I get stressed out and say it’s masturbation’s fault. Then I decide to stop masturbating, but I’m still sad, angry and stressed. Is one thing related to the other?
Everyone is subject to feeling sad, angry or stressed at some point in life and it is not related to masturbation. In fact, many people masturbate to try to alleviate these feelings, but it doesn’t always work.
Therefore, masturbation is not to blame and the ideal is to investigate the real reason for these feelings of sadness, anger and stress.
@jairobouer “STRESS” 😱#jairanswer #DOverview #Dicas#Iairobuer #vscuriosity #shears♬ I am original – Jairobouer
Can masturbation hurt?
However, if the person masturbates too often and it is disrupt your life and routine, it is necessary to evaluate this habit and rethink certain attitudes.
And what are the benefits?
Com masturbationthe individual can explore their own body and discover ways to obtain pleasure. So when he is going to have sex, the path to a pleasurable and pleasurable experience becomes much easier.
Additionally, masturbation, as well as other sexual activities that lead to sexual pleasure or Orgasm, triggers the release of hormones and chemicals involved in the so-called “brain reward system” which, in turn, leads to several health benefits:
- Reduced stress and anxiety: the release of oxytocin from sexual activities appears to decrease stress hormones such as cortisol while promoting relaxation. Prolactin also helps regulate stress responses.
- Improved sleep: Masturbation releases hormones and neurotransmitters to help reduce stress and blood pressure while relaxing, which can make it easier to fall asleep. A 2019 study found that there was a clear perception of favorable sleep outcomes associated with orgasm. Many respondents felt that masturbation helped reduce the time it took them to fall asleep and improved sleep quality.
- Reduced pain: Endorphins are the body’s natural pain relievers. Endocannabinoids are also known to help regulate pain and inflammation processes. These natural pain relievers can also help relieve menstrual pain. A 2013 study found that sexual activity results in partial or complete relief from migraines and some cluster headaches.
- Improved immune function: Masturbation increases levels of prolactin and endocannabinoids, which help regulate the immune system. They also increase stress-reducing hormones and neurotransmitters.
- Mood enhancement: Masturbation can increase levels of hormones associated with a positive mood, such as dopamine, oxytocin, and endorphins.
- Improved attention and concentration: by increasing levels of hormones and neurotransmitters involved in learning, memory and motivation.
- Improved self-esteem: Masturbation can increase adrenaline levels. Researchers associate higher levels of salivary and urinary adrenaline with higher levels of personal growth or meaning in life. Learning to indulge yourself can also strengthen and improve your body image.
- Improved sexual function: many hormones and neurotransmitters involved in the human sexual response cycle help regulate this cycle itself, promoting the release of stimulating compounds at higher levels.
- Improved cognition: prolactin has a neuroprotective effect, reducing nerve damage in response to stress. Dopamine also appears to contribute to healthy cognition.
- Lowering of blood pressure: oxytocin and endocannabinoids can also help lower blood pressure.
See as well :